Trailer & Truck Bed Warranty
This warranty is for Trailers and Truck Beds.
Alum-Line, Inc. warrants that each Alum-Line or Pro-Line Product (Products included in this warranty are trailers, truck bodies and tool boxes). Operated by the original purchaser under normal use in the Continental United States or Canada will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year following the original purchase, subject to the requirements and limitations stated below which will be strictly applied. If the product is rented or used for commercial hauling, this Limited Warranty is null and void.
PRO-LINE THREE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Subject to the requirements, exclusions and limitations stated below, the structure of your Pro-Line Trailer is warranted to the original retail purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship by Alum-Line, Inc., arising from normal use for three (3) years from the date of purchase. The structure is that portion of the trailer which includes the main frame, consisting of the bottom rails, cross member, side posts and exterior walls, roof rails and bows and the sub frame, excluding the running gear, and floor boards.
ALUM-LINE FIVE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Subject to the requirements, exclusions and limitations stated below, the structure of your Alum-Line Product is warranted to the original retail purchaser against defects in materials and workmanship by Alum-Line, Inc., arising from normal use for five (5) years from the date of purchase. The structure is that portion of the product which includes the main frame, consisting of the bottom rails, cross members, side posts and exterior walls, roof rails and bows and the sub frame, excluding the running gear, and floor boards.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Alum-Line Inc. warrants its paint finish to be consistent with industry standards for one year after the date of original retail purchase, with the exception of “normal use” limitations set forth below and of deterioration due to use or exposure, such as chipping, scratching, fading, cracks in caulk seams, road salt or tar, damage by animals or pressure washing. Warrantable paint repairs are limited to spot repairs and blending consistent with standards in the trailer industry. Any repainting due to welding or work related to warranty is not covered by this warranty.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Alum-Line, Inc. manufactures some products into which other persons or companies who are not employees or agents of Alum-Line, Inc. install living quarters or other interior or exterior features or modifications. This Limited Warranty extends only to materials used or workmanship performed by Alum-Line, Inc. or its employees in the construction of the original product subject to all limitations and exclusions set forth herein. ALUM-LINE, INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP IN ANY ITEMS INSTALLED INTO ALUM-LINE, INC. PRODUCTS BY ANY OTHER PERSON OR COMPANY, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR CONTINGENT LIABILITIES ARISING THEREFROM.
EXCLUSION OF COMPONENTS WARRANTED BY OTHER MANUFACTURERS
Tires, axles, and brake components, springs and suspension components, couplers, jacks, castors, mats, batteries, windows, doors, hinges, hardware, locks and installation hardware purchased and installed by Alum-Line, Inc. are warranted by their manufacturers and are excluded from the Limited Warranty.
NORMAL USE; NO REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS
This Limited Warranty covers only defects in original components which arise from normal use and does not apply if the product has been subjected to negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or overload or has been repaired or altered without the prior written consent of Alum-Line, Inc. Normal wear items including , but not limited to, doors, struts, lights, bearings, brakes, brake linings, tires, and batteries, will not be replaced due to wear.
TRANSPORTATION COST EXCLUDED
Transportation of any product to and/or from your dealer or any approved repair facility is the responsibility of the owner. Alum-Line, Inc. shall not be liable for any such costs.
PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT REQUIRED AND RETURN OF DEFECTIVE PARTS REQUIRED
No reimbursement will be made to any dealer or owner for repairs made without the prior written consent of Alum-Line, Inc. Any defective part(s) must be sent by prepaid freight to Alum-Line, Inc., in order to qualify for replacement or reimbursement under this Limited Warranty.
OTHER PRODUCTS EXCLUDED
This Limited Warranty applies exclusively to Alum-Line or Pro-Line Products manufactured by Alum-Line, Inc. Any other products manufactured by Alum-Line, Inc. are specifically excluded from this warranty. Authorized repairs do not extend the term of this Limited Warranty.
CONSENT TO VENUE AND GOVERNING LAW
BY SIGNING THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AGREEMENT, PURCHASER AGREES THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN ALL RESPECTS BE GOVERNED BY AND SUBJECT TO AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF IOWA. FURTHER, IN THE EVENT OF ANY LITIGATION, PURCHASER CONSENTS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THE IOWA DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR HOWARD COUNTY, IOWA.
THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALUM-LINE, INC. UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE TO REPAIR AND REPLACE PARTS AT THE ALUM-LINE, INC. FACTORY OR, FOR A REASONABLE ALLOWANCE, AT ANOTHER PLACE AND AUTHORIZED IN WRITING BY ALUM-LINE, INC. ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR CONTINGENT LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE OF ANY PARTS TO OPERATE PROPERLY, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF TIME, COMMERCIAL LOSS OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DAMAGES, GENERAL OR SPECIFIC, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, UNLESS APPLICABLE STATE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATONS. ALUM-LINE, INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ALUM-LINE AND PRO-LINE PRODUCTS WHETHER AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY OTHER MATTER. NO ONE, INCLUDING AN AUTHORIZED ALUM-LINE, INC. DEALER, IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE FURTHER OR ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES ON BEHALF OF ALUM-LINE, INC.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR EXTENDED USE ARE LIMITED TO WARRANTY PERIODS STATED ABOVE, UNLESS ANY APPLICABLE STATE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE.
IF PULLING VEHICLE EXCEEDS 26,000 POUNDS GVWR THIS TRAILER WARRANTY IS VOIDED IMMEDIATELY.
The undersigned dealer, by signing this manufacturer’s Limited Warranty, states that he/she has informed and explained to the purchaser all limited warranty and claim procedures and will perform all responsibilities of the dealer under this Limited Warranty.
IF THIS WARRANTY IS NOT SIGNED, POSTMARKED AND MAILED BY CERTIFIED MAIL RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED TO ALUM-LINE, INC., BY THE TENTH DAY AFTER RECEIVING THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES SHALL BE NULL AND VOID.
Required procedures for filing a claim under this Limited Warranty are listed below.
By signing this manufacturer’s Limited Warranty. THE PURCHASER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE OR SHE HAS READ THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY AND AGREES THAT, SHOULD ANY WARRANTY CLAIMS BE MADE BY PURCHASER, PURCHASER WILL FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES AS SET FORTH ON THE BACK OF THIS FORM.
Your Dealer is responsible for “dealer prep” which includes checking all cosmetic features and repairing all minor problems without charge to you or the manufacturer. Your dealer is responsible for submitting to the manufacturer any claim you wish to make under the terms of this Limited Warranty.
REQUIRED WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- Submit this online form no later than ten (10) days after receiving the Alum-Line, Inc. product.
- Within five (5) days after discovering a problem with your Alum-Line or Pro-Line Product, return your product for inspection to your Alum-Line dealer where you bought your product. Dealers are responsible for fixing minor problems without charge to you or the factory.
- If your dealer cannot repair the problem free of charge and you want to file a claim under this warranty, your local dealer must send to Alum-Line, Inc. by registered letter or fax a limited warranty claim form, together with all required information, within ten (10) days of your discovery of the defect.
- Alum-Line, Inc. will acknowledge such receipt of claim by registered letter to the dealer and to the claimant. Alum-Line, Inc. will respond as soon as possible, but not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of claim.
- Before warranty work can be performed or authorized, a factory warranty report form must be filled out, signed, and returned to the factory. Please contact the warranty department at: Phone 800-446-1407, Fax: 563-547-5366, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Any defective part(s) must be sent by prepaid freight to Alum-Line, Inc. in order to qualify the claimant for replacement or reimbursement under this Limited Warranty. ANY DEFECTIVE PARTS MUST BE RETURNED TO ALUM-LINE, INC. WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM DATE OF APPROVAL TO QUALIFY FOR REIMBURSEMENT.
- Alum-Line, Inc. will not reimburse any claimant for any adjustment or repair of Alum-Line or Pro-Line Product without prior written approval by Alum-Line, Inc.
- If you return your product for repair to the factory, we will warranty the repair or replacement parts for a year from the date of repair. If authorized repair must be done other than at the factory, Alum-Line, Inc. will not warranty such repair work or replacement parts.
- Alum-Line, Inc. reserves the right to refuse to pay unreasonable costs for replacement or repair of defects in Alum-Line or Pro-Line Products and may, at its discretion, establish a reasonable reimbursement for any authorized work performed under the terms of this Limited Warranty.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
- BE SURE THAT THE HITCH BALL ON ANY TOWING VEHICLE MATCHES THE DIMENSION OF THE TRAILER COUPLER.
- BE SURE THAT YOU SECURE ALL SAFETY CHAINS AND BREAK-AWAY BRAKING SYSTEMS BEFORE EACH USE.
- BE SURE THAT ALL LUG NUTS ARE TIGHT BEFORE USING.
- BE SURE TO CLOSE AND SECURE ALL DOORS AND GATES BEFORE TOWING.
- BE SURE TO HAVE PROPER TOWING HEIGHT AND THAT YOU ARE PULLING LEVEL.
REPORTING SAFETY DEFECTS
If you believe that your vehicle has a defect which could cause a crash, or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in addition to notifying the manufacturer.
If NHTSA receives similar complaints, it may open an investigation, and if it finds that a safety defect exists in a group of vehicles, it may order a recall and remedy campaign. However, NHTSA cannot become involved in individual problems between you, your dealer or the manufacturer.
To contact NHTSA, you may call the Auto Safety Hotline at 1-800-424-9393 (or 366-0123 when calling from Washington, D.C. area) or write to: NHTSA, U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. 20590.
You may also obtain other information about motor vehicle safety from the Hotline.